Can't find gas tank float for front has tank

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
johnandbrenda
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Can't find gas tank float for front has tank

Post by johnandbrenda »

Bought 1991 and front gas tank with all gas lines and hangers were rusted beyond repair. Got a used gas tank but mechanic is not finding the float. Any ideas?
Thanks
DavidP
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Can't find gas tank float for front has tank

Post by DavidP »

I need the last 8 digits of the vin and how many gallons the tank is. Then I can give you a part # and where to get it.
johnandbrenda
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Post by johnandbrenda »

David,
Thanks for your reply. To answer your question. MHA24627 16 gallon

The van is 4.5 hours away and he's had it since Dec 6, so we are going to look for part ourselves. He's talked to Rockauto.com and partsgeek.com (ordered 2 parts both were too large). He's called Ford dealership and local parts houses as well as junkyards. I am wondering if we have a 1992 part but can't find a sending unit for that year.

We asked him to send us a picture of the bad part laying beside a measuring tape and to send us the part number.

I appreciate any advice you have.

Brenda
DavidP
Weekend Camper

Post by DavidP »

With the tenth diget being an M it is a 91 modle year. I will work some magic tomorrow and give you a part number and brand. Then you will be able to find the correct one. The older Ford fuel pumps and sending units were not sold as assemblys but separatally so the sending units have become scarce.
DavidP
Weekend Camper

Post by DavidP »

I have come up with a Spectra Premium #SP2019H pump/hanger assembly. See if your mechanic used that #. It goes for about $100. Google the part # to find it.There is also one available at Green Sales in Cincinnati, OH 1800 543 4959. OE ford for about $250. The sending units are not sold separately anymore by the aftermarket.