What Did You Get For Your B190 Today?

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Re: What Did You Get For Your B190 Today?

Post by Choptop »

Mine came w/the Magnatek 8300, whether it was the problem behind my weak battery or age or a combination of both, I feel, after reading on the forum about the stock converter, that it was a good upgrade, now I am just wondering if I should keep the 35 amp or hold out for the 55 amp.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I went with the larger one in part because I wasn't sure the 35 amp model would fit in the spot - it looked too tall in the pictures. But you should get what you paid for, and if it'll fit, maybe a refund for the difference is in order.

I had some crazy plans for more stuff in my B190, but I never did it, so whatever size I had was certainly overkill. The original converter is only a 32 amp model or something like that.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

skater wrote:I went with the larger one in part because I wasn't sure the 35 amp model would fit in the spot - it looked too tall in the pictures. But you should get what you paid for, and if it'll fit, maybe a refund for the difference is in order.

I had some crazy plans for more stuff in my B190, but I never did it, so whatever size I had was certainly overkill. The original converter is only a 32 amp model or something like that.
Thank you Skater.
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

I put in the 35-A converter years ago. It has operated flawlessly all this time. My 6-year-old coach battery is still going strong, in part, I'm sure, because I always keep the van on shore power whenever it's in the driveway. Two thumbs up for the 35!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keystone
B190 4x4
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

Keystone wrote:I put in the 35-A converter years ago. It has operated flawlessly all this time. My 6-year-old coach battery is still going strong, in part, I'm sure, because I always keep the van on shore power whenever it's in the driveway. Two thumbs up for the 35!

Thank you Keystone.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

Choptop wrote:
Keystone wrote:I put in the 35-A converter years ago. It has operated flawlessly all this time. My 6-year-old coach battery is still going strong, in part, I'm sure, because I always keep the van on shore power whenever it's in the driveway. Two thumbs up for the 35!

Thank you Keystone.[/quot

Just got threw installing the 35 watt converter from BestConverters, w/Pendant. Started up the van and their was no smoking or popping pf fuses and pendant was lit up, so maybe I did it right, suppose the big test will come when I hook it up to shore power. Need to replace my 4 year old coach battery now that I should not have to worry about frying it.