bicycle rack

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

bicycle rack

Post by Choptop »

Any suggestions on a good one to purchase :?: Thanks in advance.
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler

Re: bicycle rack

Post by slapthecat »

I got a great deal on a Yakima double bike hitch rack on Craigslist. It's old and ugly, but solid!

Something like this:
https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Rac ... RXEALw_wcB
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

I have a Thule 2 bike rack and also a rack that hangs on the ladder if I’m only taking one bike. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... gLF3vD_BwE
I don’t like to put two bikes on the ladder rack even though you supposedly can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

I think I am leaning towards a receiver hitch on the front and having a bike rack. At this time a don't have a bike, a motorcycle yes, but that will probably come to an end in a couple/ three years and then I will peddle my ass around.
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

Having a receiver hitch on the front would allow for some peddle power/bike and allow for storage rack in the rear receiver hitch which I like to keep the sewer bag and separate box for the fresh water hoses. Perhaps enough room for two chairs on the storage rack would be helpful.I would like to keep all the utility items outside the coach and keep storage inside for clothing, food items, and entertainment gear.