front trailer hitch

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

front trailer hitch

Post by Choptop »

I notice that some B owners have receiver hitches on the front, how do they differ from the back and any particular models that B owners are using ? Thanks in advance.
SeaQuinn
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999

Re: front trailer hitch

Post by SeaQuinn »

Got one for my 1999 b190 at the Uhaul Store. Class II . They had a coupon and I recall the hitch and installation was under $200.00. I use it for a hitch cage or the bike rack. The Stowaway Box always goes on the rear hitch so the radiator isn't blocked of air flow for these beasts :)
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

SeaQuinn wrote:Got one for my 1999 b190 at the Uhaul Store. Class II . They had a coupon and I recall the hitch and installation was under $200.00. I use it for a hitch cage or the bike rack. The Stowaway Box always goes on the rear hitch so the radiator isn't blocked of air flow for these beasts :)

I have an opportunity to buy a Stowaway 2 for a good price that swings away allowing for the back door to open which is a real asset. Were you able to get the Stowaway 2 box on and still have the spare tire in place? If so did you have to get an extender for the hitch or did it just fit?

I plan on going to the Uhaul place and getting a front hitch so I can carry at least one bike because there are times that a bike can get me around and no need to unhook.
SeaQuinn
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999

Post by SeaQuinn »

mountaindent wrote:
SeaQuinn wrote:Got one for my 1999 b190 at the Uhaul Store. Class II . They had a coupon and I recall the hitch and installation was under $200.00. I use it for a hitch cage or the bike rack. The Stowaway Box always goes on the rear hitch so the radiator isn't blocked of air flow for these beasts :)

I have an opportunity to buy a Stowaway 2 for a good price that swings away allowing for the back door to open which is a real asset. Were you able to get the Stowaway 2 box on and still have the spare tire in place? If so did you have to get an extender for the hitch or did it just fit?

I plan on going to the Uhaul place and getting a front hitch so I can carry at least one bike because there are times that a bike can get me around and no need to unhook.
Howdy! I have a 1999 and the spare is inside the rig. If it doesn't fit by a slim chance, a hitch extender will do the trick. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

That Stowaway 2 looks great on the rig and will make it so much easier to transport the utilities, chairs, small mat, step stool and etc. while being locked. I look forward to the extra hauling space. Can not quite tell from the angle of the picture but, it looks like I will have to have a short extender to allow for the spare tire since I really do not want it inside at this point.