How do I remove gas line from refrigerator

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Fmedina771
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

How do I remove gas line from refrigerator

Post by Fmedina771 »

I've tried to undo the connector with a wrench and also pull out the gray pipe from the copper pipe. Also is this the way the fridge is supplied gas or is there a special connector from the gray pipe to the copper pipe. Just seems weird that the copper pipe is just pushed up into what seems to be polybutylene tubing.

The issue im having is that the fridge is not working on 12v or 110v and I want remove to take a look at wiring but can't seem to get propane line off.. Also, I am able to get a blue flame on when on propane mode but is that all I should be expecting?? Is the small flame what allows the fridge to cool? Sorry for basic questions. Learning here and appreciate any feedback!

http://imgur.com/gallery/29FyQFd

skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: How do I remove gas line from refrigerator

Post by skater »

The polybutelene tubing is there to protect the copper from wear as it vibrates while the B190 is in motion.

Just loosen the nut you have circled in red. Make sure the gas is off. It's a flare nut, so you won't be able to remove the nut from the pipe without cutting it. But after it is completely unscrewed, the gas line should pull away from the fridge connection.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit