Disney World & NASA

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
jeffreyd426

Disney World & NASA

Post by jeffreyd426 »

Hi--we're taking our first extended trip in our B190 to Florida. Anyone stayed at the Fort Wilderness Camp Ground at Disney? Also any suggestions for the NASA area? We are also thinking about going through Savannah and Charleston??

We took a short trip to Ocracoke Island, NC. It was a great first experience. Just take your bug spray. No hookups but the generator was a lifesaver.

Hope to head to the wild west in the Spring.

Thanks for your advice and opinions.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Charleston! I love that city. James Island County Park has a GREAT campground, full hookups, nice sites. I highly recommend it and have stayed there with the B-van.

Funny you mention Ocracoke - I was just on the Outer Banks a couple weeks ago (my pictures). Waves area, on Hatteras Island. Another favorite destination.

My parents have stayed at Fort Wilderness, and I think they've said it's nice. If I was there, I was too young to remember it.

For NASA, I'm sure there are closer campgrounds, but there is an Airstream-only park in Melbourne, Florida called Land Yacht Harbor. I was actually working in the building next door to it for a couple days back in July (long story), so one afternoon I took a drive through it - it looked pretty nice. I think it's about 30 minutes south of the Kennedy Space Center on I-95.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit