Picking up my B190 Today!

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
kstills
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1996

Picking up my B190 Today!

Post by kstills »

:D
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Picking up my B190 Today!

Post by skater »

Well, how did it go?
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
kstills
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1996

Re: Picking up my B190 Today!

Post by kstills »

Lol, sorry. I've been posting more on the IRV2 website as that has more traffic than either here or the Airstream site.

Picked it up last Wednesday, took it to a local park this past weekend for it's 'shakeout' cruise. Ran all the systems, everything works fine. Helluva stink when driving the rig, pretty sure the tanks need to be flushed and cleaned out. Interior still amazes me as to how well it's put together.

I washed and waxed it Sunday, got up on the roof and cleaned that off real well. I have some micro cracking in the gel coat (I think) which I'm debating on the best course of corrective action. Either spend some time wet sanding et al, or paint the roof.

Pulling out the TV with the 7 inch screen (but with a built in VCR!!!) and the Microwave, debating on keeping the back closet or expanding the bathroom into that space. I'd have to move some things, but it would provide enough room for the recirculating shower setup. Carpet will go, as well as all the curtains, but frankly it's road ready right now so most of that stuff will take place later this year or next.

At the moment, we just plan to do a bunch of weekend trips to get used to the lifestyle before committing to the major renovations.