B190 Offroad

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
bboone

B190 Offroad

Post by bboone »

Just wondering how the B190 handles off road.Not mud ridding or rock climbing but on dirt roads and park roads found in parks out west.If I had the money to spare I might jump on this one.......
http://www.boulderoffroadvans.com/1994_4x4_airstream_rv
:twisted:
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Post by craigmar »

That van is also featured in the gallery section and I too was impressed with it but in all honesty, my wife and I haven't run into to many problems with our 91 and we go to a lot of different places here in Utah and Idaho. The stock van seems to handle everything we have encountered and only one problem we had was on a severely washboarded road that played hell with us no matter the speed or track we chose. Having had a Landcruiser 4x4, I found that a lot of people get in over their head and luckily there are usually others around to help out, I don't know what would happen if you were by yourself and in trouble. That van looks like it could get you in and out of most situations but I wouldn't want to chance it with just me and my wife, and knowing me I would probably think "the beast" could handle anything it steered toward and thereby hope my phone and help would be handy because I would probably chance something that I wouldn't do in my van.
I'm sorry but I forgot to mention an important fact about driving on dirt or dusty roads and that is to be sure that all your vents, windows etc are closed, or you will be breathing dust and cleaning alot more then anticipated. I have also cut out of thin foam panels (foamcore) covers that I put on the inside of my waterheater and refrigerator vents to keep the dust out. Remember the stove vent also.