CB Antenna location

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
dougb
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

CB Antenna location

Post by dougb »

When was the CB antenna located on the B190s......I have a CB factory installed but I think the antenna is missing....a black cable is on the roof attached to nothing....Is that for the CB?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: CB Antenna location

Post by skater »

dougb wrote:When was the CB antenna located on the B190s......I have a CB factory installed but I think the antenna is missing....a black cable is on the roof attached to nothing....Is that for the CB?
Good question. I thought it was installed along one of the sides. To be honest I've never seen one in person. But I've always planned to get one of those antennas that can go through glass or fiberglass and install it behind the upper front windows on the side.

Is your TV antenna wire hooked to the roof rack? In mine, that wire comes out of the roof and hooks to the roof rack near by - I'm wondering if that's your loose wire.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
dougb
Weekend Camper

Post by dougb »

It probably the TV cable that is on the top of the roof but it is not hooked to anything....Thanks
Roadhog
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 8063

Post by Roadhog »

I purchased my 95 B190 used and it has a through the glass CB ant installed on the upper passenger side window of the cab over. I do not know if it was factory or dealer installed. I have the original sales invoice for the unit and the original owner paid extra to have the CB added before delivery. My guess is that the dealer installed it. I doubt that the AS factory would install such an accessory. Happy trails :idea: Howard
OnTheRoad
Weekend Camper

Post by OnTheRoad »

At least in the older vans the CB radio is hooked up to the regular van radio via a signal splitter that is located under the panel in the top center of the dash.

If you remove the four screws that hold the panel down to gain access you will see where the radio antenna comes in and hooks up to the splitter.
dougb
Weekend Camper

CB Antenna Information

Post by dougb »

Thanks all, Just as soon as I get home I will look for the antenna hookup under the dash.