baby car seat?

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Tomo
New User

baby car seat?

Post by Tomo »

my partner and I came back home with a little one in my tummy after 5 months of traveling across the country with our 1992 B190.
Now our daughter is 4 month old but *Oops* we did not think about the car seat!
Is there any way to securely, legally put an infant car seat in B190?
We absolutely LOVE our camper but we have to let go of it otherwise...

Thanks,
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Baby Car Seats

Post by craigmar »

Hi Tomo, We have a 1991 and the couch is equipped with three seat belts that are mounted to the floor and frame under the couch, I don't know if it's standard or not but if you havent done so, check under the couch. If you don't have them, you could probably get some cheap at a junk yard and either mount them yourself or have it done. My daughters all have young ones and when we or the daughters take the van there is never a problem mounting the car seats.
Tomo
New User

Post by Tomo »

Thanks, craigmar!
Yes we have lap belts, but our concern is actually the sofa being too soft and side facing.
This is a website that I have discovered so far, and it seems unsafe to mount a car seat on side facing seats.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=14960
However they say "... motorhomes are not regulated by any gov't agency as far as car seat safety and crash testing..." (post #8) .
... interesting. I guess our only options are
1. wait for my daughter to be 20lb and put her in the forward facing seat next to the driver, or
2. sell our B190.

tomo
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Congratulations!

I don't think there are a lot of options here outside what you've already outlined, unfortunately. :(
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit