What do you do for carrying chairs?

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
OnTheRoad
Weekend Camper

What do you do for carrying chairs?

Post by OnTheRoad »

I was wondering what solutions people have come up with taking along chairs on their trips? Do you hang them off the ladder or put them on the roof?

So far I've tried putting them in the shower area on my 1990, but I'm concerned about damaging the floor of the shower.

On a related note, is anyone using the roof for storage and what are you doing to keep things in place?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I have a couple of those camping chairs. When traveling, I keep them on the couch, and I've only ever once had one fall off, and it's not like it's going to hurt anything if it does fall. When camping, I put them behind the passenger captains chair after I turn it around - it gives easy access to them from the passenger door.

We also recently got a table like this (ours is similar but not that exact model) that we keep with the chairs. Pretty handy to have.

Unfortunately these chairs aren't the most comfortable things. We've sort of looked at other options but as you've noticed storage is the issue.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Electraglide
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Post by Electraglide »

You might also want to pick up a table like this from REI. It has a metal top made out of slats that foldeds up, as do the legs, and fits into a bag the same size as a camp chair. I store it in the cargo area near the water heater with the other chairs. It's also small enough that I can strap it to my motorcycle along with a chair, sleeping bag, etc. for motorcyle camping trips.
Rucorosa

Post by Rucorosa »

Yeah space is at a premium for things like this. You can put it in the overheadd bed. It would fit...but it might get the bed area more dusty than you care to have it.

Have you thought about a hitch storage box? They can be found relatively inexpensively. I saw one at Harbor Freight for around $99.