Smog

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Blair
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Blair »

Denco,

where is the one located that you are purchasing?
did you find an answer to your smog question?

Blair
Denco
Weekend Camper

Post by Denco »

At the moment i preffer to keep that to myself, it is NOT in ca. The smog is a non issue. If you find something that was made in the united states- out of your home state buy it, get it smogged and registered and you are fine. The only other step you need to do is CA DMV requires a vin check to ensure it is not stolen. They do that for you.Thats it... All this is providing it has all the original smog equipment it came with from the manufacturer for that year vehicle.

Keepin mind there are some risks, ca says the seller does the smog, that puts the liability on them. when you buy out of state you accept that liability and will be on the hook to fix it if it did not pass.

personly i would smog it ofline first then run it if it's good.
That way YOU have an opportunty to resolve the iisue without any real pressure from DMV. Beside many states do bi annual smogs any more anyway...

ALSO I should have not posted all this in this guys for sale thread. I appologize for that.. But maybe it will help him sell it to an out of state buyer...
Blair
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Blair »

denco,

got it, thx.
good luck with your purchase.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

For what it's worth, mine has to go through a sniff test every two years, and it always passes with flying colors. This is under Maryland and Virginia's tests.

I'll clean up this thread tonight by moving the discussion to a separate thread. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Denco
Weekend Camper

Post by Denco »

skater wrote:For what it's worth, mine has to go through a sniff test every two years, and it always passes with flying colors. This is under Maryland and Virginia's tests.

I'll clean up this thread tonight by moving the discussion to a separate thread. :)
good to know. and thanks for not yelling at me for thread crapping. I kinda forgot it was not my thread.. :D

This is a great site!! we are so excited to go see ours!!