Newbie looking for a 190..Whats the best year?

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Lifestreamer
New User

Newbie looking for a 190..Whats the best year?

Post by Lifestreamer »

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie looking for a B190. I'm curious if there were any years in particular that I should stay away from? Also, what about motor size, I've talked to some owners on the road that swore by the 460 motor over the 350, any thoughts? Any advise would be great! Thanks again, James

Location....Texas :D
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

This is a difficult or impossible question to answer, because there is no perfect year. For example, I like the table in mine a lot better than the later ones, but I would love to have the '97 and later bathroom/shower combination. The best thing to do is take a look at this thread and see what you like the most. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
bobbyv
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 1

Post by bobbyv »

Hey Lifestreamer I'm kind of a newbie myself having owned my 99 Airstream for less than a year (June 2010). I will begin by saying that I think when it comes right down to it, it's just a matter of what suits you, how your'e going to use it, and what's available. I think I can safely say that all B190's are probably OK. For my wife and I we tried to get as new, low milage, and as good a condition as we could find. We don't plan on towing anything but I wanted to have enough engine just in case. As far as I know, any of the engines will do the job depending on the task. These B190's are pretty heavy empty, add some gear and your around 10 grand. Personally I appreciate the newer electronic management systems as opposed to carbs and such. Shop around and try to find one that resembles one of Alaskan's (good luck). LOL He has some of the sweetest B190's around. So far we have taken many 3-5 day trips and also spent 19 days traveling to the Great Smokie Mountains and back. We are now getting our "pod" ready for a trip to Yellowstone this spring and then on to Vancouver. We love our B190 and have never looked back on our purchase. We have looked at and compared every Class B that we know of and can find no better floor plan and ergonomically friendly RV than a B190. So good luck on your search James, hope you find what your looking for and when you do be sure and let all of us here on B190 Enthusiasts know. bobbyv