questions.

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
lougarou
Weekend Camper

questions.

Post by lougarou »

shalom;
what is wbcci ?

does any one here belong to the good sam club?

is it worth joining?

where is the best place to mount 3; 15 watt solar hard panels?
and how ? since the roof is plastic/fiberglass. or should i invest in film strips. ?

anyone running wireless laptops? need lots of info here.

i havent had a laptop for several years, but; then i haddnt planned on spending a year and a half touring Arkansas and several other states.
since walmart sells them cheap enough, i need to know what kind of antenna to buy? best wifi card? and so on. looks like ill be giveing this desk pc away in a couple of months.

should i be joining triple aaa? or something???

you folks have been doing this for years , im making plans to live in my camper for 18 months or better. i get a small pension from the va. so i can only travel around the 1st. of every month and i do get good discounts at state and federal parks. i need to know about private ones.

all for now, be safe; lg.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: questions.

Post by skater »

lougarou wrote:shalom;
what is wbcci ?
Wally Byam Caravan Club International, a club for owners of Airstream campers including our B-vans. Here is their website. I've gone to a couple rallies with the Washington, DC unit and have had a pretty good time.
does any one here belong to the good sam club?
is it worth joining?
I do, and I'm kind of torn on whether it's worthwhile. You can get discounts at campgrounds with it, but usually those same campgrounds offer discounts via AAA. I get a lot of junk mail from Good Sam, though - mostly offers to get an extended service plan on my B-van, which is isn't even eligible for because it's too old. :roll:
where is the best place to mount 3; 15 watt solar hard panels?
and how ? since the roof is plastic/fiberglass. or should i invest in film strips. ?
I'm not sure how they mounted them but our campers were built with solar panels in mind; the wiring is already there for them (take a look in the gallery, in my pictures). I'd mount them right in front of the air conditioner if I were doing it.
anyone running wireless laptops? need lots of info here.

i havent had a laptop for several years, but; then i haddnt planned on spending a year and a half touring Arkansas and several other states.
since walmart sells them cheap enough, i need to know what kind of antenna to buy? best wifi card? and so on. looks like ill be giveing this desk pc away in a couple of months.
I have a laptop with wireless. These days, just about any card will work if you're retrofitting an older laptop. If you're buying a new laptop, if you get one with wireless built in you won't have to worry about buying and storing a separate card.
should i be joining triple aaa? or something???
I am an AAA member. When my transmission died last year, the tow for the camper and my car (which I was towing with the camper) was about $100. AAA + RV service is about $120/year, I think. But the convenience of having it and knowing where to call if you do have a problem more than makes up for the expense. I wouldn't travel without it.
you folks have been doing this for years , im making plans to live in my camper for 18 months or better. i get a small pension from the va. so i can only travel around the 1st. of every month and i do get good discounts at state and federal parks. i need to know about private ones.

That will vary from park to park - I'm sure some do offer discounts but not all of them. And the discounts they offer may be equivalent to AAA/Good Sam/etc. anyway.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
lougarou
Weekend Camper

questions

Post by lougarou »

shalom and thanks;

this should keep me busy for a few days.