exterior window cover

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

exterior window cover

Post by Eamonn McG »

Anyone know where I can buy a cover for the outside of the windsheild as well as driver/passenger side windows? I've seen them on a few of your B190's in the gallery but havent been able to find any online. I like the curtains that go around the interior but they dont do much as far as keeping heat/light out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Eamonn
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991

Re: exterior window cover

Post by craigmar »

check out your local R.V. dealers or supply houses. I think mine cost around $50 or so and has a pocket on the top that fits around the top of the doors so that when you close the doors it stays in place, also has magnets on the bottom to keep it in place as well with no snaps etc so its very easy to put on and provides complete privacy. I am going to try and get some vinyl to match and try the magnets on all four corners to use on the inside of the van and cover the side door windows. mine is made by ADCO part # 2401. I would also check on line or e-bay if you have time to wait for shipping.
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992

Post by Eamonn McG »

Thanks for the response that helped i just googled the part number and it came right up. Just ordered it for 43 bucks with free shipping. Thanks again for you help. Keep me posted with how the rest of the window covers turn out. It Sounds Like a good idea.

Eamonn
bobbyv
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 1

Post by bobbyv »

We picked up a roll of reflectix at Home Depot and had enough to do all of our windows.

Cut each one just a little larger than the actual window opening and they hold themselves in place. Only put in the ones you want/need at different times during the day or night. We use these in addition to the curtains.

Works for us and they store easily in the back closet against the wall or up on the bed. $15. bucks.