Prospective New Buyers

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
AIRticulated
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Prospective New Buyers

Post by AIRticulated »

I am in the market for a B190. I have been scouring the internet looking for just the right van. I have narrowed my search and have plans to look at a couple up close and in person. What should I be looking for? Any tell tale signs or dead giveaways? Any areas I should pay specific attention to or things in particular I should look for? Thank you in advance. This site has helped tremendously thus far. I cant wait to officially become one of YOU!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Prospective New Buyers

Post by skater »

Welcome!

You might want to take a look at the "Differences between years..." thread in this forum just so you have an idea of what you'll be looking at, and perhaps narrow down your choices. Each year has plusses and minuses.

Otherwise, I'd watch for (a) all of the usual things that come with buying a used car, and (b) all of the usual things that come with buying a used RV. I'm not going to cover the first one, because there are plenty of online places with more info than you'd ever want. For the used RV part, in particular watch for signs of leaks, both windows and plumbing.

Keep in mind these are pretty old at this point (especially if you're buying a late 80s or early 90s one!), so the interior may need refurbishment by now, if it hasn't already been done.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit