Vent beside the toilet

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Rivrrat32
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Vent beside the toilet

Post by Rivrrat32 »

Hello all
I hope u can help me with this one? There is an air vent lower left hand side as u are looking at the toilet for a 1993 b 190. It seems to turn off and on as if it has a sensor?? Sometimes I will hear it kick on and off without even starting it?? Does anyone know of there is a switch or does this vent operate on its own??

Thank you for any help
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Vent beside the toilet

Post by skater »

Rivrrat32 wrote:Hello all
I hope u can help me with this one? There is an air vent lower left hand side as u are looking at the toilet for a 1993 b 190. It seems to turn off and on as if it has a sensor?? Sometimes I will hear it kick on and off without even starting it?? Does anyone know of there is a switch or does this vent operate on its own??

Thank you for any help
Furnace vent?
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
weekender
Seasoned Traveler

Post by weekender »

I have a 93 as well, seems like you are describing the heater. The thermostat on mine is on the wall above the fridge, there is an on/off switch on the bottom and the usual temperature set on top. Working correctly, when it turns on, it should produce heat (a healthy amount) in a matter of minutes, and continue to run until the thermostat feels it has reached the temp set. Sounds like yours may not be igniting, and therefore not producing heat. If the system were switched on, and your weather is like mine (warmer) you might be right at the setting where the thermostat is calling for heat, the system kicks on, and even though heat is not produced, it is warm enough that the thermostat gets satisfied and cycles the system off.
Rivrrat32

Post by Rivrrat32 »

You are correct. There was an off/on lever at the bottom of the thermostat. Switched to off and the vent turned off. Turned back on and went outside and checked, the pilot lit.
Thank you so much!!
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

I would guess that what he's referring to as a vent is actually a furnace duct / heat outlet...

I believe, on a a1993, there may also be one other at the end of the cabinet by the side-door.