Removing the side door panel

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Electraglide
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Removing the side door panel

Post by Electraglide »

I've got a problem with the passenger side double doors. The left side door has the locking mechanism stuck in the full up position and door can no longer be closed properly. I'd like to get a look at the mech, but I can't figure out how to remove the door panel.
funtwodrv
Weekend Camper

Re: Removing the side door panel

Post by funtwodrv »

Give Google a shot. I think you will find enough info to be able to pull it off successfully.

Gary
Electraglide
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Re: Removing the side door panel

Post by Electraglide »

I couldn't figure out why the panel wouldn't pop off until I saw that somewhere down the line someone added six metal screws to it. Once I found one I knew what to look for and was able to find and remove the rest. You still can't get a very good look at the mechanism, but you can get your hand in there to feel if anything is binding. I couldn't find anything wrong so I oiled the mechanism and the top and bottom posts and then gave the top post a good rap with a hammer. That got the thing moving again and now it works freely.

I guess after 21 years it's time to do a little oiling of all the mechanicals.