Vehicle versus fridge leveling

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Jonny
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Vehicle versus fridge leveling

Post by Jonny »

Maybe a stupid question but I'd like to be sure. I'm about to pour a pair of concrete strips in my side yard to park this beast on. If the vehicle is level at the wheels, does that mean the fridge is supposed to be as well? Haven't verified it yet with a water level, but it looks like my front wheels needs to be a bit higher for the fridge to be perfect.
Wakeslayer
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Re: Vehicle versus fridge leveling

Post by Wakeslayer »

Logically, I would say yes, that is level, but I have never checked my bubble level when parked in my shop. I did have my fridge running yesterday to get ready for a trip tonight and it ran fine and got down to 35* with just a couple ice packs in it. The Bus is now parked next to my driveway. The bubble is just barely outside the line one way, and near the line the other way, and the fridge was at 32.6* when I checked it this morning. I think close is enough to run properly.
Just get on the Bus!!

Mike & Barbara
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Vehicle versus fridge leveling

Post by skater »

It should be - the fridge should be installed level in the camper. Level the camper, then throw a bubble level in the fridge to double check if you want to be sure. Note it doesn't need to be absolutely perfect, but the closer the better. The guidance I heard a couple years ago was that as long as it is comfortable for you inside, it should be okay for the fridge.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit