Quick and easy Salmon and others

Share recipes and beverages you enjoy in the camper!
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Quick and easy Salmon and others

Post by craigmar »

I saw that someone had mentioned salmon in one of their posts and thought folks might like this one for salmon and maybe the others also.

4 Salmon steaks
1 can (14 ounces) of chicken broth or about 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth if you use the large containers.
1/4 cup of a white wine such as Chablis
4 lemon slices (about a 1/4 " thick)
1/4 teaspoon of dried and crushed dill weed

Mix all the above except the Salmon and using a medium high heat setting, bring to a boil.
Add the fish, reduce the heat to low, cover and let poach for about 10 min or until the fish flake easily with a fork.
Remove fish and serve with sides of your choice.

Two more quick dishes.

1 package of puff pastry shells (such as Pepperidge Farm)
4 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 cup of white wine
1 squeeze or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
About a pound of white fish like Halibut or Cod, cut up in 1" pieces
About a 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

Bake the shells according to the package instructions, while they are baking, melt the butter in a skillet, add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Add the remaining ingredients including the fish and cook for about 5 or so minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork. Serve in the pastry shells and sprinkle with the cheese.

Another variation of the above is to bake the shells, combine another can of mushroom soup with a 1/2 cup of water or for a creamier soup use milk. Thaw and cook or steam a package of frozen vegetables, divide the vegetables among the pastry shells and then spoon the sauce over the vegetables and shells.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

craigmar
Seasoned Traveler

Salmon reply

Post by craigmar »

Hey Alaskan, my address is----please ship immediately so I can try out this recipe. Which one are you in the picture.
skater
Site Admin
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Salmon reply

Post by skater »

craigmar wrote:Hey Alaskan, my address is----please ship immediately so I can try out this recipe.
:rofl: I saw some packaged salmon last night in the grocery store and thought of your recipe, then I thought of Alaskan's picture. I didn't buy any. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

Those 5 in front in that second picture are halibut (bottom-side up) in the 10-25 pound range.

They are the best eating...we regularly catch them around a 100 pounds but they aren't as good eating and it a lotta work butchering, packaging and freezing pieces that large...and fresh is much better than frozen with halibut

Largest halibut I've caught was 305 pounds...by the time that is over, landing & butchering, you wish you wouldda cut 'em loose...

The record halibut in Alaska waters was over 958 pounds several years ago...at todays prices that would be a $3200+ fish to the fisherman