Stuffed Biscuits

Share recipes and beverages you enjoy in the camper!
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Stuffed Biscuits

Post by craigmar »

The other morning after a suprise visit by my daughter and the twins, I had to come up with something simple, quick and good. I guess the biscuits hit the spot as there were no leftovers. This obviously will be appealing to some and not to others.

Biscuits (store bought, homemade or frozen)
One hamsteak
Bacon
Eggs
Cheese (I used leftover shreaded Mexican style but any yellow cheese I'm sure would work)
White gravy or Country style gravy (homemade, package mix or prepared.

cook up your bacon and warm up your hamsteak, cut your hamsteak into bite size pieces, while preparing the meat cook up your gravy.
after the meat is prepared and the gravy is made, cut your biscuits in half and on the bottom half put a layer of cheese, top the cheese with a couple slices of bacon, add a layer of cut up ham pieces and then top with the other half of biscuit.
Cook up a couple of eggs your way, put em on the side of a plate, add a stuffed biscuit to the other side and cover the biscuit with your gravy, don't be stingy with the gravy as when you cut into the biscuit and eat, your gravy will go pretty fast.
Enjoy!
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

This sounds delicious! Have you made biscuits from scratch in your BVan oven?
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

stuffed Biscuits

Post by craigmar »

Hi Keystone, as a matter of fact I have used the oven to make biscuits using the recipe from an earlier post (comfort food) and they turned out well. The only problem is getting the temp right as my oven shows the temp setting but does not tell you when it reaches the correct temp setting, so I use a magnetic gauge meant for a wood stove or you could get a thermometer for the inside and watch that I guess, or just turn it to temp and wait a decent period of time for it to warm up, anyway, our ovens work great for a good many things. One of my favorites is baked spaghetti.
Thank you for your comment and I'm sure you will enjoy it made either on the road or at home.
Craig