Rallies and Other Events?

Get togethers that B190 owners may be interested in
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: Rallies and Other Events?

Post by 190-b-651 »

okaynagan wrote:Anyone going to the RTR, Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, January 11-21, 2018 in Quartzsite, AZ? It might be nice to see a breakout group of b190s.
Okaynagan you've started my day with a smile on my face and a conflict in my head. Quartzsite was one of my favorite spots on I-10 to stop and eat. But in winter its definitely one of the largest flocks of snowbirds on the west coast. Quite the contrast from the sleepy town of summer which being a long haul trucker at the time was really annoying to see one of the best restaurants in AZ to be surrounded by a sea of RV's!
Im thinking O crap I've become one of them....Lol

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
Buckeye
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 6009

Post by Buckeye »

Not going but I am marking my calendar for 2018 in Doswell, VA for International Rally. I did not get to Lewisburg but I did go to Escanaba and played in the band-both as a 1st-timer. I had a blowout just north of Ann Arbor going up to the UP. My 3rd in 12 months... one more tire to go and then I can wait five years and it starts all over again. (Special shoutout to Escanaba Walmart for their ineptness to charge me for the special order new spare tire, even after attempt to pay ahead of its mounting or reminding them 3x the next day, after mounting. "It's not showing up in our computer..." ) Portland's too far for me to even want to attend or attempt to drive alone over the mountains.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Buckeye wrote:Not going but I am marking my calendar for 2018 in Doswell, VA for International Rally. I did not get to Lewisburg but I did go to Escanaba and played in the band-both as a 1st-timer. I had a blowout just north of Ann Arbor going up to the UP. My 3rd in 12 months... one more tire to go and then I can wait five years and it starts all over again. (Special shoutout to Escanaba Walmart for their ineptness to charge me for the special order new spare tire, even after attempt to pay ahead of its mounting or reminding them 3x the next day, after mounting. "It's not showing up in our computer..." ) Portland's too far for me to even want to attend or attempt to drive alone over the mountains.
Are you sure that isn't in Salem OR , was looking and saw one in the past for Doswell...
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Buckeye wrote:Not going but I am marking my calendar for 2018 in Doswell, VA for International Rally. I did not get to Lewisburg but I did go to Escanaba and played in the band-both as a 1st-timer. I had a blowout just north of Ann Arbor going up to the UP. My 3rd in 12 months... one more tire to go and then I can wait five years and it starts all over again. (Special shoutout to Escanaba Walmart for their ineptness to charge me for the special order new spare tire, even after attempt to pay ahead of its mounting or reminding them 3x the next day, after mounting. "It's not showing up in our computer..." ) Portland's too far for me to even want to attend or attempt to drive alone over the mountains.
Doswell is 2019. We'll be there! We may bring both campers, if that's possible.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Buckeye
Weekend Camper

Post by Buckeye »

Yes, Doswell is in 2019. My mistake...getting old and forgetful, way too fast! For those of you who are in WBCCI and have never attended the Swiss Festival National Rally held the last week of September in Sugarcreek, Ohio, I invite you to make plans for our 2018 rally. The reservation forms will be distributed after Christmas via email to several years of past attendees and will be posted on the WBCCI Facebook group as well as our website (Swiss-Festival-National-Rally.net) when it is updated. It should also be on Region 4's website along with several Region 4 unit websites. They are also printed hit and miss in the Blue Beret. There is much to see and do and everyone says it is one of the best, if not THE best National Rally our club offers. Singles are $175 and doubles are $225.
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

I am going with a group from the Escapees club based out of Texas to the Albuquerque Balloon fiesta in October. We have been welcomed by a regional Airstream group and camped with them. It would be fun to have another B190 show up in October if anyone is a member. Probably, tagging along with a more established group would be a good idea just get the word out ahead of time so campers could plan to go if schedule allowed.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

Buckeye wrote:Yes, Doswell is in 2019. My mistake...getting old and forgetful, way too fast! For those of you who are in WBCCI and have never attended the Swiss Festival National Rally held the last week of September in Sugarcreek, Ohio, I invite you to make plans for our 2018 rally. The reservation forms will be distributed after Christmas via email to several years of past attendees and will be posted on the WBCCI Facebook group as well as our website (Swiss-Festival-National-Rally.net) when it is updated. It should also be on Region 4's website along with several Region 4 unit websites. They are also printed hit and miss in the Blue Beret. There is much to see and do and everyone says it is one of the best, if not THE best National Rally our club offers. Singles are $175 and doubles are $225.
I’ve heard good things about this rally, but I haven’t attended. Unfortunately it’s around a time when we have other things going on, so we may not be able to make it.

skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

We're booked for Doswell next year! My wife, her sister, and I!

Buckeye
Weekend Camper

Post by Buckeye »

I'm registered for Doswell, too. I'll be with the band.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

Buckeye wrote:I'm registered for Doswell, too. I'll be with the band.
For Lewisburg, I wanted to do decals for the B190.com members that attended, but I never got around to it (also, I'm not sure if any did beside me). I'm hoping to do it for Doswell!

(If it wasn't obvious, we'll have the trailer for Doswell. Three adults and three cats in a B190 for a week might be a little much.)

tdashmike
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998

Post by tdashmike »

Never been to one of these. Seems kind of expensive, what am I getting for $110?
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

tdashmike wrote:Never been to one of these. Seems kind of expensive, what am I getting for $110?
Don't forget the site fee, too.

We were wondering the same thing. There's entertainment (both amateur and professional), workshops, presentations by vendors, giveaways, etc., but I'm not sure we'll use $110/each worth of them.

tdashmike
Seasoned Traveler

Post by tdashmike »

skater wrote:
tdashmike wrote:Never been to one of these. Seems kind of expensive, what am I getting for $110?
Don't forget the site fee, too.

We were wondering the same thing. There's entertainment (both amateur and professional), workshops, presentations by vendors, giveaways, etc., but I'm not sure we'll use $110/each worth of them.
Yeah, ok. I think I'll skip it but I would love a B190 meet up.
Buckeye
Weekend Camper

Post by Buckeye »

Remember the funds collected by WBCCI for this rally are used for two weeks (add in workers week) of building rentals, electric, water, golf cart rentals, entertainer fees, rally gifts, rally ribbons, a couple meals for workers and attendees, printing costs, table and chair rentals, caterers, food, office and building supplies, tour buses, and numerous things we can't even "see" or imagine. So if you were to stay in a hotel for that many days (7) in that location, how much do you think you'd be paying to sleep and purchase tickets for evening entertainment? Conservatively, $100 a night for room and $100 a performance for 2 people x 7 days=$1400. It's all about your perspective. Consider that the rally fund you pay is used for the whole cause (the background costs), not just your personal piece of the pie. It's your choice to not take advantage of what is being offered to you during your week there. But the real fun is meeting and spending time with new friends and putting faces to the names you Facebook with.
tdashmike
Seasoned Traveler

Post by tdashmike »

Buckeye wrote:Remember the funds collected by WBCCI for this rally are used for two weeks (add in workers week) of building rentals, electric, water, golf cart rentals, entertainer fees, rally gifts, rally ribbons, a couple meals for workers and attendees, printing costs, table and chair rentals, caterers, food, office and building supplies, tour buses, and numerous things we can't even "see" or imagine. So if you were to stay in a hotel for that many days (7) in that location, how much do you think you'd be paying to sleep and purchase tickets for evening entertainment? Conservatively, $100 a night for room and $100 a performance for 2 people x 7 days=$1400. It's all about your perspective. Consider that the rally fund you pay is used for the whole cause (the background costs), not just your personal piece of the pie. It's your choice to not take advantage of what is being offered to you during your week there. But the real fun is meeting and spending time with new friends and putting faces to the names you Facebook with.
Ah yes I didn't realize it was 7 days long. It does seem like a good time there with all the activities.