Rallies and Other Events?

Get togethers that B190 owners may be interested in
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 16771

Rallies and Other Events?

Post by nvestysly »

Do any members from the B190 Enthusiasts site attend rallies? Which to you prefer and why? WBCCI, Air Forums, InterVec-Phoenix Owners, Good Sam? Tell me the pros and cons.

Do the Airstream B190 owners ever get together? I realize it's a limited number of owners who participate in this forum but it would be cool to have a B190 rally sometime. Maybe there's been one in the past and it should be revived. We'd consider driving anywhere but east of the Mississippi would be convenient, Atlantic coast would be good, southeast is even closer. Anyone here fit into that geography? Maybe we could have an event sometime.

Lucius
We sold our 1998 B190, V-10
Currently own a 2010 Airstream Interstate
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Rallies and Other Events?

Post by skater »

We go to quite a few WBCCI rallies of the Washington, DC Unit - in fact the Outer Banks Rally is coming up soon. We have a great time with them. I haven't been to any others.

I tried to get something together a couple years ago in this area (at the time we had some members in Virginia and Pennsylvania), but there wasn't a lot of interest. There was one in Ohio a couple years back, but I found out about it too late to go. (Of course since we no longer have a B190 we'd sort of be posers at any B190 rally. ;) )
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
FoCoKCCO
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 8008

Post by FoCoKCCO »

I went to my first two rallies this summer; DenCo WBCCI rally and RMVAC Rally. They were both fun but I personally had more fun at the vintage rally (your rig doesn't actually have to be vintage). The vintage rally was a lot bigger but they only have one for the summer.

I would be interested in attending a B190 rally, that would be a lot of fun. As long as it was west of the Mississippi you could count me in!
1993 B-190
WBCCI: 8008
Fort Collins, CO
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler

Post by nvestysly »

Skater, If we did decide to hold a rally or have an Airstream B190 "group" attend another rally, is it possible to send a message to all B190 (dot) com members? Do you have a means to geographically identify where the members are located? Maybe that would aid in determining where we might have the best response.

Maybe an anniversary rally of some sort would generate some interest. For instance the anniversary of the first B190 production or the last B190 to roll off the assembly line. Perhaps, the anniversary of B190 (dot) com Enthusiasts forum. Any other ideas?

Maybe we should meet on the Mississippi - Somewhere in MO would be near the geographic center of the United States and maybe that would catch some of the east of the Mississippi and the west of the Mississippi crowd.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

nvestysly wrote:Skater, If we did decide to hold a rally or have an Airstream B190 "group" attend another rally, is it possible to send a message to all B190 (dot) com members? Do you have a means to geographically identify where the members are located? Maybe that would aid in determining where we might have the best response.

Maybe an anniversary rally of some sort would generate some interest. For instance the anniversary of the first B190 production or the last B190 to roll off the assembly line. Perhaps, the anniversary of B190 (dot) com Enthusiasts forum. Any other ideas?

Maybe we should meet on the Mississippi - Somewhere in MO would be near the geographic center of the United States and maybe that would catch some of the east of the Mississippi and the west of the Mississippi crowd.
I don't have a geographic idea of where people are. We used to have a map, but it was voluntary. Theoretically I could look at IP addresses to roughly geolocate people, but the reality is you want people who will come, and many people who visit the website won't be interested or whatever.

We were planning a trip to St. Louis in April to catch both a hockey game and a baseball game (the sweet spot in the spring when that's possible) and see some sights; unfortunately work interfered so we had to cancel the trip. But we figured it was about two days' travel from here, with the trailer, so I think we'd be down for that.

I would be willing to send out an email to the membership informing them. :) I'd love to go to a B190 rally even if we have the trailer (as long as I'm welcome). :)

As for production dates, we'd have to get the info from Airstream, and I don't know if they even have it. I could look up the date I started this version of the forums, but of course there was a Yahoo group even before that. Also, I'm pretty sure I started this website in February or March, so that's not really the best time of year (and Airstream production dates could be the same way). I'd suggest just picking a date and going with it or maybe do a poll.

Lou0403
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1966
WBCCI: 0

Post by Lou0403 »

I think the idea of a get together with other B190 people would be great. I'd really like to meet some other owners.
Buckeye
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 6009

Post by Buckeye »

You could set up two rallies in the same timeframe - one for east of the big river and the other for west of the big river. We could Skype from both locations to "meet" the other rally attenders and have discussions of hot topics, share ideas, improvements, etc. Campgrounds or fairgrounds? Or maybe Jackson Center. They could give us a special tour of the current Bvan production line instead of trailer line.

Also, the 2016 International WBCCI Rally is in Lewisburg, WV. I'd think we'd see a lot more Bvan owners from the East and South there than the past few western rallies. Should be my first International rally - a five hour drive from Columbus, OH. Been to Lewisburg for two Region 4 Rallies, already, in 5 years. I've always heard that the Vintage Club gets so much of the attention entering International in a parade. Maybe if we start planning now, we could meet and caravan a big number of Bvans in together? We could line up from oldest to newest? Make some signs for our doors with year and our names, home town, state, WBCCI unit? Just some brainstorming ideas.
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler

Post by nvestysly »

Buckeye wrote:You could set up two rallies in the same timeframe - one for east of the big river and the other for west of the big river. We could Skype from both locations to "meet" the other rally attenders and have discussions of hot topics, share ideas, improvements, etc. Campgrounds or fairgrounds? Or maybe Jackson Center. They could give us a special tour of the current Bvan production line instead of trailer line.

Also, the 2016 International WBCCI Rally is in Lewisburg, WV. I'd think we'd see a lot more Bvan owners from the East and South there than the past few western rallies. Should be my first International rally - a five hour drive from Columbus, OH. Been to Lewisburg for two Region 4 Rallies, already, in 5 years. I've always heard that the Vintage Club gets so much of the attention entering International in a parade. Maybe if we start planning now, we could meet and caravan a big number of Bvans in together? We could line up from oldest to newest? Make some signs for our doors with year and our names, home town, state, WBCCI unit? Just some brainstorming ideas.
There are lots of good ideas on this thread. I like the brainstorming process... there is no bad idea - they're all ideas who need to be fleshed out then the one or two that have the highest possibility of success are discussed and acted on.

Let's keep the ideas flowing. 2016 sounds like a long time from now but it will be here before we know it. My wife and I are planning to attend the rally in WV in 2016 so that may be a good time/place to focus our attention.

For the short term... We're planning to attend the Falluminum Air Forums rally in Hiawassee, GA the weekend of October 24 and 25, 2014. Is anyone here in the region and willing to meet up? We have a friend that has a B190 but I don't know if I can talk them into bringing the van since they have a trailer too and will probably bring the trailer to the rally. Here's a link to the rally thread on Air Forums:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/fa ... 18397.html
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

nvestysly wrote:Let's keep the ideas flowing. 2016 sounds like a long time from now but it will be here before we know it. My wife and I are planning to attend the rally in WV in 2016 so that may be a good time/place to focus our attention.
My wife and I are hoping to attend that one, too - with our trailer, of course. It'd be good for east coast members of WBCCI to attend since it's been so long since they've had one on the east coast (2006).

Buckeye
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 6009

Post by Buckeye »

One other thought for 2016 International Rally would be to ask ahead of time for a Bvan parking section.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

Buckeye wrote:One other thought for 2016 International Rally would be to ask ahead of time for a Bvan parking section.
Do they do that? I thought they tended to park people just as they arrived, rather than special sections. (I think the Vintage owners try to arrive together for that reason.) I haven't been to one so I could be wrong.

nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler

Post by nvestysly »

Resurrecting this old thread...

The idea of attending the WBCCI International in Lewisburg, WV came up at one point. Any B190 owners planning to attend in their van? We are interested in meeting other van owners in advance, and driving in together, if anyone else is attending. Otherwise, we're planning to bring our trailer to WV. We have a few months to decide.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

nvestysly wrote:Resurrecting this old thread...

The idea of attending the WBCCI International in Lewisburg, WV came up at one point. Any B190 owners planning to attend in their van? We are interested in meeting other van owners in advance, and driving in together, if anyone else is attending. Otherwise, we're planning to bring our trailer to WV. We have a few months to decide.
I'll be there but with our trailer. It would be cool to see a lineup of B190s, and I'd like to meet any site members that are there!

okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by okaynagan »

Anyone going to the RTR, Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, January 11-21, 2018 in Quartzsite, AZ? It might be nice to see a breakout group of b190s.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Read about it but not going to make it.