Gen fuel line

2800 MicroLite by Onan
DavidP
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Gen fuel line

Post by DavidP »

I was having problems from time to time with the generator just quitting after it has run for awhile. Replaced the fuel filter with a new 1/4 inch one but used a clear one. Seemed to fix it but notice the filter was full of air and only had fuel in the very bottom. When the generator would quit I noticed the filter was even lower then normal. I pulled the line and there was no fuel coming out. Figured pump so I pulled the genset. What I found was that the line from the generator to the fuel tank was completely dry rotted. I could get fuel to seep from the line by squeezing it. Purchased 4 foot of new 1/4 inch line with new hose clamps. What a difference. Fuel fills the filter without any aeration and no more stalling. I may not have figured this out without putting a clear filter on. If you pull you generator out, check the line and replace if necessary.
Reddeer
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Re: Gen fuel line

Post by Reddeer »

Thanks for the tip David!
SeaQuinn
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Re: Gen fuel line

Post by SeaQuinn »

This is interesting. I exercise my generator for 2 hours under 50% load EVERY month on the 15th. Last month, after an hour the generator stalled. Tried it again the next day and the next, and the next with the same result....stalling after an hour. Very unusual for my Genset. Today is the 15th so I'll see what today brings but this is great information. Thanks for posting David and I'll let you know how I make out.