1994 Generator Fuel Line?

2800 MicroLite by Onan
Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

1994 Generator Fuel Line?

Post by Millennial Falcon »

My generator was removed long before I bought the van... and the fuel line appears to be capped as shown in the image below.

If I wanted to be able to fill my portable generator from the van's fuel tank (so I do not have to carry additional gas cans) could I tap onto this line safely? Maybe just put a valve on the end of the hose to replace the brass-plug, and a squeeze-bulb on to start a siphon with a hose that would drop into the tank of my generator?

It might be difficult to get below the gas tank far enough to make a siphon work, but maybe install a cheap fuel pump with a switch?

Thoughts? Is there something about the 1994 generator fuel line I'm not realizing that would make this not feasible?

Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Re: 1994 Generator Fuel Line?

Post by Millennial Falcon »

Hooked it up to a hand-bulb today. It will indeed work to pump/siphon from the tank! Though, the siphon action is VERY slow since our tanks are so low slung.

I considered buying the $59 electric fuel pump at Autozone... but... I don’t plan to use it very often, and for now... hand pumping will work. 😉