Christmas

Great places to stay, bad places to stay, offering courtesy parking? Let us know
swampy
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0

Christmas

Post by swampy »

Christmas with our B Van next to the Welsh Highland Railway , Beddgellert . On the platform is Mum The wife and young Rolo . Systems seem to be working ok up to now .

Best wishes to all on forum . Swampy .Image
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Christmas

Post by skater »

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! We were camping in our trailer in cold weather (two snowstorms rolled through while we were camping, no more than an inch or two each time, and both melted pretty quickly).

Okay...Airstreams and trains...that's a great way to do it. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

Nice way to spend Christmas. Better than what I did in the B190: slept in it 2 nights at 15 degrees outside. Could see my breath when I got in after running a small heater for about an hour. Got it up to 20 degrees. But had a warm sleeping bag and dog, stocking cap and thermal underwear, so stayed cozy. This was all next to my house, as we had son and grandkids visiting and only 2 bedrooms.
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991

Post by craigmar »

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and I wish all a good New Year. New Years Eve is our Wedding Anniversary and we might take the van camping but I won't be worried about the cold as our heater works just great and a couple of blankets for the weight is all we use. I do cover the windows with a bubble foam that came from pet smart (see an earlier post, bubble wrap insulation in general chat section) and by opening the front vent a bit and cracking a rear window so that we get a little air-flow, eliminates any condensation.
Just a note, I use a Mr. Buddy heater (3-5000 btu) in my Baja Bug and it will heat you out. I have had it in the van a couple of times to take the morning chill out and it is more than adequate to heat the van. It has a low Oxygen sensor that shuts the heater off as well as a very sensitive tip over switch and if your vans heat isn't working I would recommend it as a cheap but efficient alternative.
cooperlawn
B190 Year: 1994

Post by cooperlawn »

Im traveling for winter.And, the generator is so reliable aft
er spending so much money on it.But, i also put a mr buddy heater in also and love it...Take no time to heat up