Ruby Lake, Nevada

Great places to stay, bad places to stay, offering courtesy parking? Let us know
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Ruby Lake, Nevada

Post by craigmar »

Hi all,
My wife and I just returned home after a trip to Ruby Lake, Nevada. I tried to post some pictures in the gallery showing the veiw from the roadside and upper roads and as you can see, it is very decieving as you are driving in dry sagebrush desert and then all of a sudden there it is, a rich marshland or wildlife refuge in the middle of a nowhere desert. Not only is it home to numerous birds but it also is a fishing hotspot for bass and trout to name a couple. Boats are allowed right now but no motors except for electric trolling motors. Later in the year when the hunting begins then the motors are allowed.
The campground has about 35-40 spots and are semi-improved being that they have a picnic table and a fire pit. the campsites are flat and have an additional flatarea for tents.
There are water spigots located on the main road, about every five campspots with good water and restrooms with two Johns spaced about the same distance. The campground is clean as are the restrooms if you decide to use them.
There is a fish cleaning station for those that fish, located below the campground by the campground host's spot.
We have been there about three times and have never heard about or experienced any kind of trouble as far as theft, noise at night etc.
If you are out that way and want to experience a different Nevada, try the Ruby Lake Refuge.