Denver Meadows R.V. Park, Denver, Colorado

Great places to stay, bad places to stay, offering courtesy parking? Let us know
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Denver Meadows R.V. Park, Denver, Colorado

Post by craigmar »

We just arrived home from a trip to Denver so that my wife could attend a Hypnosis seminar to help her in her work as a Clinical Therapist.
After doing a web search for campgrounds in the Denver area we chose Denver Meadows as it was only about five miles from the Hotel where my wife's seminar was being held.
Unfortunatly for us, this campground has a good web site and one that doesn't show the true condition of the campground. It seems to be part of a mobile home park as there are numerous home sites on one end of the private property and a few within the campground itself.
The site describes pool and hot tub areas, (both of which looked worse then what you might expect from a third world country as far upkeep and surrounding areas and both were closed down either by the season or just needing repairs)
We didn't venture into the so called rec room because we had our own entertainment but if the office area was any indication as to the condition of the rec room, we certainly didn't miss anything.
The restroom and shower areas were clean but in sore need of paint. two out of the three sinks worked with one sink being directly under a pipe that dripped on your head if you were using that particular sink.
The showers were on the outer side of the building and were large with a bench for your clothes etc, they were in the process of painting and it seems as if everything including the hardware was freshly painted white.
The sites are all cable ready as was confirmed by a phone call before we left home so we left our sat dish setup at home as we would be in and out of the park everyday and I didn't want to set the dish and take it down every day and leaving it on site was out of the question. Cable ready all-right but they don't tell you that you have to pay to have a tech come out and hook it up as it is not offered as a short stay and is not a part of the amenities.
They also offer Wi-fi but only in a certain area of the campsites and while there were less than 20 rigs in the entire campground we could never get it to work even though the managers re-booted the site in the office a couple of times so that was another strike.
Upon turning on the water connection, it ran rusty for a few minutes then cleared up but we didn't hook up to it and used what we had onboard instead.
If I would have had more time I would do more research and choose a better park further out but would not stay at Denver Meadows again. I think we could of had a better experience in a wal-mart parking lot.
If I were you I would be asking why we stayed if it was so bad and this is the answer, we had to leave after I got off work and drive to Denver for the seminar the next day and so a quick search came up with this site as being close in, the pictures told a different story and I guess I didn't ask the right questions over the phone prior to leaving, Oh Well, live and learn and be thankful we had a fully prepped van.