Trap Pond State Park - Laurel, Delaware

Great places to stay, bad places to stay, offering courtesy parking? Let us know
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Trap Pond State Park - Laurel, Delaware

Post by skater »

Erica and I stayed at Trap Pond State Park with the Airstream club recently.

This is a beautiful state park. The campground is nice and well kept (water and electric only - no sewer connections, though they have a sewer dump station and a separate graywater dump station), and the biking/hiking trails are immaculate - I did some hiking but I wished I'd had my bike with me! The campsites have great tree cover for lots of shade, and there are no light poles like many campgrounds have. (However, each power pedestal has a light that makes hooking up in the dark much easier.)

The showers were so-so (we stayed in the "A" loop) - serviceable but not great. They have those buttons that only let the water run for 30 seconds or a minute before they shut off, but one of the ones I used was shutting off after just a few seconds.

We'll be back, though.

If you're heading to/from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, it's not far off US 13, so it's an obvious stopping point if your timing works out that way. It's about 115 miles north of the CBBT.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit