Great Places in Southern California

Great places to stay, bad places to stay, offering courtesy parking? Let us know
RobertL
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Great Places in Southern California

Post by RobertL »

After a great ski season, spring finally arrived in the west and off we went with Oblivion to Southern California with our Granddaughter for a week of fun In San Diego and the LA area.

In San Diego we stayed at the State Beach Campground in San Elijo, just north of San Diego.
The campground is nice, very suburbun though and not a real camping experience, but very convenient to San Diego and the Parks. The train runs by the park up until 11am and starts again at 6am.
Great surf beach and the concessionaire at the snack bar "Bull Taco" has very tasty lobster tacos. Great food and a 180 view of the sunset. Too cool to miss.

In the LA area we stayed in Malibu at what I think may be one of the most beautiful coastal beaches in California. Leo Carillo State Beach Campground is a great place to chill out. We will be back next June for a whole week. Book Early as it fills 7 months or more out.
The campground is set back a bit in a canyon off of highway 1a, and a short walk to the beach. It is just North of Malibu and offers great beaches to rock pool, walk endlessly, admire tan bodies, or just plain chill out.

My lovely wife Diane is the master of all things technical, so I will cajole her into loading up some of our picks onto our gallery for Oblivion.