Need Ideas for a 10 Day Road Trip

Great places to stay, bad places to stay, offering courtesy parking? Let us know
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Need Ideas for a 10 Day Road Trip

Post by Eamonn McG »

Hello all,
So I'm starting a new job on October first, and have been in need of a good road trip to decompress for a while. I'll be leaving the place I'm at on September 21 and have until the 29th to get back. I live in northern NJ but would like to get as far away and see as much as possible. Was thinking of heading down the coast or maybe even to new orleans but i dont want to spend the entire time driving. I'm a big outdoorsman so anything in the woods or on the beach would be a plus. Any ideas?
weekender
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: Need Ideas for a 10 Day Road Trip

Post by weekender »

North to Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine-- the farther north you go, the less people-- Vermont and Maine have incredible hiking, lakes, Maine shoreline-- Maine also has Acadia National Park
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992

Post by Eamonn McG »

I was thinking about that actually. North up the coast and then maybe Niagra Falls.
mtnmanb
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991

Post by mtnmanb »

I'd say north too. I used to live in North NJ too and enjoyed New England trips much more (heat wise and mtn wise).

I'd say do a big loop, go up to Catskills and Adirondacks in NY.
Go across VT and hike/camp around Stowe (Sound of Music).
Go on the Kangamangos Hwy in NH (west to east) while doing a lot of hiking and camping there.
Go further east and hit up Baxter St Park in Maine.
Head south and hit Acadia.
Hit Cape Cod and maybe Newport Beach RI.

Have fun!

B)
'90 bought 27Apr2012
Added Safe-T Stabilizer shock, port. generator, EZE RV gutters, curtains, memory foam 5.5" mattress, rebuilt bunk, Double Pancake LED light, O2 sensor, shore plug, 4655 Converter, Battery under couch, MaxxFan Fantastic Fan
MichaelC

Post by MichaelC »

3 August - 8:10
I've enjoyed traveling along US Route 50 in the Appalachian hills of Ohio, West Virginia and Virginia. Start at Fairfax VA, off of I-66 (there's a Micro Center thereabouts), and head west. Mostly wide, 2-lane roadway, tailor-made for our B190 coaches. Long spans of hilly woodlands, with small towns like McArthur OH along the way. Or perhaps, jump off of US 50 just before Winchester to Front Royal VA and take the Skyline Drive through Shenendoah NP into North Carolina.

"Happy Cybercamping!"
Michael Canode - "Baby Newell II" - 1997 B190, #55 of 110