Order to install panels in bunk area

Restoring a B190? Start a thread here so we can follow your progress!
mtodd54
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Order to install panels in bunk area

Post by mtodd54 »

I have my interior torn out and in process of re-making new panels and recovering. I had so much wood rot that it was hard to use the old panels as a template. I'm getting ready to begin reinstalling and hoping someone can tell me if I"m remembering correctly the order in which the panels should be installed... since they seem to overlap a bit.

1. ceiling panels
2. front panel arond the window
3. left and right panels

sound right, or should 2 and 3 reversed?

also, im having trouble remembering if there as a piece where the mattress meets the front window? i remember pulling old insulation out of there but it seems like i will have a gap. maybe there was just the material from the front panel?

if anyone has pics of their bunk area I"d appreciate it.
thanks,
Todd
Abie Sea
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1989

Re: Order to install panels in bunk area

Post by Abie Sea »

Since you have pulled out the interior in the bunk area, would it be possible to describe to me the path of the electrical wiring powering the two reading lamps forward in the bunk area? Mine are not working in my 89 B190 and I would like to know the path of the electricity back to a key switch area. My vehicle has a reading lamp installed at the bed area corner of the cabinets and perhaps that cut off the power to the reading lamps in the bunk.

Good luck on your restoration. Have you fixed the source of water that caused the rot? Last we took a bit of water through the windows at the front of the bunk one the road in a driving rain
mtodd54
Weekend Camper

Post by mtodd54 »

hi Abie - they run to the 'switch' that's on the cabinet (drivers side) above the couch. Start there - I'm happy to send you pics of anything I've not covered back up yet.

I bought mine with water issues and they had just reglazed the windows. The only remaining issue i could find was the 'weeps' needed to be cleaned o the windows.... i found standing water in there. Once i ran a wire through and cleaned them out I tested and the windows were dry afterward. Next step is replacing the fantastic fan with a Maxxair and sealing it, then likely sealing the AC while i'm on top.
Jersey747
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Post by Jersey747 »

Hi Todd
I’m doing the exact same rebuild as you at the moment , the order that you listed is good !
mtodd54
Weekend Camper

Post by mtodd54 »

Hi Jersey, i just finished mine up and making some trip strips for the ceiling. would love to see some pics of yours when done.
Misplaced Vermonter
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Misplaced Vermonter »

I'd love to see any pictures if you have them!
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Oldbagpipe »

I'm confused (which is not uncommon). When one says they have pulled the 'panels', I assume some sort of wood product which is covering the interior? My '89 has wood paneling on the sidewalls but the interior of the bunk area is glazed fiberglass. You're not recreating the fiberglass walls, are you?
Attachments
IMG_0376.jpg
IMG_0376.jpg (73.44 KiB) Viewed 8812 times
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Oldbagpipe wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:50 am
I'm confused (which is not uncommon). When one says they have pulled the 'panels', I assume some sort of wood product which is covering the interior? My '89 has wood paneling on the sidewalls but the interior of the bunk area is glazed fiberglass. You're not recreating the fiberglass walls, are you?
The later ones have wood with a fabric covering on it. I think that's what they're talking about.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Oldbagpipe »

Very good, thank you.