Vehicle cab light bulb switch.

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
kitemanks
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Vehicle cab light bulb switch.

Post by kitemanks »

I have recently acquired a 1994 B190 and I'm currently getting everything in order, I noticed non of the door lights had any bulbs, so I of course replaced them. While doing so I saw heat damage to the mounting systems. I thought maybe the wrong size bulb, but what I have found is unlike many mini vans these dome, and door lights can't be shut off at the light switch for the headlights. That causes these small door lights to stay on for extended periods, thus the heat damage.

My B190 is being setup as a kiteboarding windsurfing lake vehicle and I was wondering is there something I'm missing or how have any of you tackled this problem. I want to be able to disable all the light bulbs up in the cab, when my doors are open for extended periods and that may be most of the day.

Thanks,
Eric
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Vehicle cab light bulb switch.

Post by Planck »

I took the bulbs out of the door lights on my 93.
bobbyv
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 1

Post by bobbyv »

Same here, I used to own a 95 E250 Sportsmobile and it had what they call "puddle" lights. I also noticed the bulbs were missing, duh... when I replaced them they would stay on every time the doors were open. Bye Bye bulbs.
My 99 B190 doesn't have these lights, and I don't miss them one bit. Have a good day.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I'm not familiar with the lights you're describing, but you could also replace them with LEDs. They draw so little power that your battery would be fine even if you left them on for weeks on end.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
sparky
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Post by sparky »

I disabled the lite switches for the side door and rear door. Figured i may leave those doors open and never the cab doors. Just unscrewed the nut from the switch and pushed the switch thru the hole.