Deep cycle battery info

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
achilies1552
B190 Year: 1998

Re: Deep cycle battery info

Post by achilies1552 »

Thanks for the reply. I know this was a constant issue for myself and my dad over the years. So its about .2 amp drain on the battery. I have pulled all the fuses and found that when the 30 amp fuses are pulled, the drain stops. Otherwise, nothing on the other fused circuits is taking power. Could it be the converter itself?

We replaced the converter with a "smart" one but it turned out to be not as smart as it needed to keep an AGM going. I found a group 24 deep cycle for about $80 from the local battery place, (Deca manufacturing is right up the street from us.) When we have money, we'll buy a real smart AGM style converter and get another AGM so I don't have to pull everything apart and check the fluid levels on the battery. I think I'll go with the cut off. Normally we just leave it plugged in, but I think that's what did in the last battery.

My dad already pulled the 12v on the fridge and LP gas detector. It needs to be changed anyway.

Bryan
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Deep cycle battery info

Post by skater »

I think (based on my guess on which fuses you mean) it's definitely something in the van. Someone reported the Fantastic Fan might be pulling power even when it's off.

I should check that on mine, now that it's out of the van.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit