Door light bulbs

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
less
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Door light bulbs

Post by less »

I have a problem with the driver and passenger door lights, they are on all the time, I removed the contact button from both doors and they still stay on with the doors closed, any suggestions? Thanks
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Door light bulbs

Post by Planck »

On my 1993 I removed the bulbs. Been a while but I think they came on when I rotated the dash light switch so I could operate the overhead lights at night while camping. Try turning that dimmer switch to see if that turns them off.
Phil
Reddeer
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Reddeer »

Ditto on my 1993. The passenger door was a periodic problem, so I removed the bulbs.
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

The lights do come on when the dash light switch is turned. They also come on when the side entrance door is opened. If you take of the door panel there's you can unplug the wire that leads to the activation switch/button. This will allow you to leave the side entry door open without the front door lights coming on but still allow the lights to come on when the front doors are opened. My guess is that the lights are staying on because the switch/button on the side entry door is not being depressed all the way. Happened on my 92 and I originally put a pad on the side door frame so the button would depress all the way until I just deactivated the switch by disconnecting it. Hope this helps.

Cliff
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Tucsonan »

My '94's dome and door lights come on when you "tug" on either the driver's or passenger's door handle (without opening). Your problem could be with whatever switch triggers it?
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"