Wiring Diagrams for bat bank, trimetric and solar upgrades

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
Mark
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

Re: Wiring Diagrams for bat bank, trimetric and solar upgrad

Post by Mark »

My installer is really enthusiastic about the holding power of the Sticky Feet. Your evidence to the contrary concerns me.

Was the wire, already run by Airstream through the roof for future solar panels, a thick enough gauge? I'm reading everywhere that it should be quite robust.
If it ain't fun - it ain't done!
Mgittrich
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Re: Wiring Diagrams for bat bank, trimetric and solar upgrad

Post by Mgittrich »

I did use the Airstream preinstalled solar panel wire on the roof. It seems adequate for the 2 140 watt kyocera panels connected in parallel. I think the wire is 10awg. If you are installing more then one panel you could wire them in series which would reduce it wire gauge but you would need to make sure you had a 24v solar controller to convert back to 12v to the battery.

I read a lot of good things about sticky feet mounts, I just got rather hesitant after calling 3M. If you use any form of VHB tape just make sure you do it within the temprature range and prep the surface well. This same advice should be followed for the DP110 epoxy as well.

Good luck on your installation.

Mike
jafarTheVan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990

Re: Wiring Diagrams for bat bank, trimetric and solar upgrades

Post by jafarTheVan »

I realize this is an old thread but figured post my question here as it seems relevant to this post. I was wondering if there is anywhere I can find internal wiring diagram for my 1990 B190 to deal with a possible broken fuse as my pump and 12v dc outlet in the back stopped to work.

It looks like Airstream charges $48 for the complete manual - which I assume includes wiring diagrams. Though, it's an overkill for just getting the dc circuit info

https://airstreamsupplycompany.com/prod ... manuals-2/
"As you start to walk on the way, the way appears." -Rumi
jafarTheVan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990

Post by jafarTheVan »

jafarTheVan wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:34 pm
I realize this is an old thread but figured post my question here as it seems relevant to this post. I was wondering if there is anywhere I can find internal wiring diagram for my 1990 B190 to deal with a possible broken fuse as my pump and 12v dc outlet in the back stopped to work.

It looks like Airstream charges $48 for the complete manual - which I assume includes wiring diagrams. Though, it's an overkill for just getting the dc circuit info

https://airstreamsupplycompany.com/prod ... manuals-2/
I just found this post that goes through 1991 wiring, just in case other people are looking for it:

1991 Circuit list by Skater
"As you start to walk on the way, the way appears." -Rumi
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

jafarTheVan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:39 am
I just found this post that goes through 1991 wiring, just in case other people are looking for it:

1991 Circuit list by Skater
I was so young and foolish then. And wrong about a few things...I'll make some corrections.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
kstills
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1996

Post by kstills »

Moving this thread up to the top so I don't lose it.