120v electrical

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
hankster
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

120v electrical

Post by hankster »

I now have a 95 b190, very new to me.
Your site has been very useful and helpful.
By reading the forum I have been able to answer most of my concerns. (not enough gas in tank for generator to run, etc.)LOL.

I can not get any of my electrical items to work via the generator or plugged in. The generator runs great and seems to be charging the coach battery(monitor observation). When plugged in to "shore power" I notice the red indicator light is not on at the GFI receptacle and it will not reset. I am not an electrician, but could this be the first thing to replace(it seems too simple). Any help is much appreciated before taking it to the RV shop.

thanks-Hankster
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Re: 120v electrical

Post by Keystone »

True, GFIs do fail, and that could be it. Have you checked whether the coach AC works when the wall switch next to the thermostat is in the "up" position? That wall switch operates either the AC unit circuit (when up) or the 120V microwave and wall switches circuit (when down).
Keystone
B190 4x4
hankster
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Post by hankster »

I will check that next. I didn't realize that's what the switch operated.
Stay tuned...............
thanks-hankster

Wow.............
Everything working great, can't believe how well gennie works after 4 years of inactivity.
many thanks

Also learned that there is a built-in breaker in the RV cord, was able to access thru back door under the "tub". Reset breaker and everything also worked from the "shore power".
Last edited by hankster on Sun May 25, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

Cool! Always nice when it's something easy. Congratulations on your new rig!
Keystone
B190 4x4