A Light Question...exterior center-mounted rear light

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Eagle wrote:Florida is OK for the winter, but the gulf coast is much better. Do like I do and spend a lot of time in Myrtle Beach. If you like to fish the pier at Apache Campground is great.
Last trip was to Tampa to pick up the 1999 rig....thats a great place. I prowled up and down that side of Florida

When Steve finds me another rig down there I'll be happy to winter there... :lol:
Eagle
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Eagle »

An update on my brake light problem.

I tried the diodes, but without success. The turn signals continued to blink. I don't want to have to remove the light in order to pass an inspection.

I went to the J.C. Whitney site and found that they have a logic circuit for those third brake lights that blink when the turn signals come on. I ordered the part, which should be here in a couple weeks. I will give that a try and hope it corrects the problem.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

Installed by Airstream through the 1996 model year....

I guess we may have determined that in some states this center-mounted light was not legal, perhaps due to the two bulbs being so close together in a single unit as a left-right turn indicator.

Both bulbs in this light are brake lights and left-right turn signals.

Airstream Part Number: 510809

creeder
New User

Rear light-turn brake @ flash.

Post by creeder »

1991 back light up top was gone. Got Lamp,Red, Brake, Light
#403BF2-8 (From Airstream) This light is the original that goes into the hole. Problem is new light has two wires coming out of it . Hole in camper shell had three. Old light had three. If you try to wire three with two system shorts out light will only blink on and off with no blinkers. My buddy took apart the new light , a very small black wire about 1 inch is between the two bulbs. Very carefully split this 1 inch wire , skin about 1/4 on each side. Sodder each for two separate wires. One for the left and one for the right. The third is ground. The blinkers work on each side of the light with the other light as a brake. Is really sharp when working trhe right way. Regards, D. Hart