Solar Panel help needed

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
Minniemouse
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Solar Panel help needed

Post by Minniemouse »

:? Newby's here in columbia, SC. We are just getting started with a B190. (1993). Planning a trip to PA in a few weeks. We have winterized. We've found the solar panel wiring cover but still need to open it up. We have purchased a 15 watt solar panel and have not found any information on wiring anywhere in our owners manual. Have read ideas about attachment with glue on past forum messages. Has anyone used the glue and found it sucessfull? Any info on solar panel use in the B190 would be appreciated.
Minnie Mouse, North Carolina southeastern coast
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Minniemouse.....be sure to check the other 2 posts in the Electrical forum for additional info related to the solar panels also...

Re-posted...from Steve Holm...(webscrambler)

Kyocera 120 watt solar panel

This unit fits just between the air conditioner and the bed room down angle (1995 190)..and just inches to spare on either side of roof rack.

Grey box on top has the solar wires. 1 RED wire & 1 WHITE wire...

The wires are above the interior light.

Those wires run to the converter.(mine were capped with wire nuts at each end).

Forget trying to use these wires to pull larger wire...they are tied to the other coach wiring behind the paneling.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The factory installed solar wires are located under that small cover on top just ahead of your air conditioning unit..

Re-post....from Steve Holm

Solor Panel used...Kyocera 120 watt solar panel

After doing extensive research on solar panels I decided to use this panel because it was the largest that would fit the top, produced the most and was the most efficient for the money. Most people using solar panels suggested that they wished they had gone to a larger panel than they had...so, I doubled the capacity I thought I'd need. A little more money buys a lot more panel.

Also, ask if they have blems..a panel should last over 25 years and a scratch on the aluminum frame will only be seen by God and the birds...I saved $100 this way.

Don't forget to use a controller between your solar panel and converter box ( I used a sunsaver 10 amp). I also purchased a AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery...completely sealed, use in any position, no fumes....and located it behind the sofa.