Main fuse in a 90's van, No power to ignition?

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
Sector9surf
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Main fuse in a 90's van, No power to ignition?

Post by Sector9surf »

I was messing around with the turn signals and steering column(due to the steering wheel causing a short with the right turn signal on) and now have no power whatsoever to anything. Just before that everything worked. I was wiggling the column around quite a bit so it's possible to have a loose connection but I think I blew a fuse and can't find it.

I've checked for a fuse on the main battery and there's a connector that looks like an inline fuse, but there's no fuse in it.(Is it possibly a self resetting fuse) I've also checked the fuses just underneath the dash by the driver door. Which fuses provide power to the ignition?

Edit: upon more troubleshooting, I have found that there is power to the ignition as the door buzzer turns on with the key on, but if I try to turn it, etc... nothing happens. blinkers and lights aren't working either. Could it be a loose contact on the ignition?

Thanks!
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: Main fuse in a 90's van, No power to ignition?

Post by Kentuckian »

If you don't mind, please, let us know what year your B190 is?

I have a 1993 B190. In addition to the fuses that you found under the dash, there is also a power distribution box in the engine compartment on the drivers side below the brake master cylinder. I have never had a problem with that box with mine, so I haven't had mine open. However, I do know that there are protected circuits in that box including the ignition switch which I believe is at position G.
1993 Airstream B190
Sector9surf
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0

Post by Sector9surf »

It's a 1990. I think I found the problem and it isnt fuse related. Going through the troubleshoot process I did find out that about half of the fused circuits have no power with the ignition off/ not working.

Turns out there is a main harness ignition switch a little bit down the steering column where the metal pole slides into. (It's a bit hidden but if you have the plastic covers off and look closely can find it). I guess I broke it wiggling the column up and down.
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Kentuckian »

Sounds promising! Hope you get it back up and running soon!

Regards,
1993 Airstream B190