Fuse for bunk lights?

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
fishbiz
B190 Year: 1989

Fuse for bunk lights?

Post by fishbiz »

I have an 1989 B190. Neither bunk light works. I’ve replaced both bulbs so that’s not the problem. Does anyone know which fuse affects the bunk lights? I don’t have anything in the owner’s manual I was provided that indicates that.

Thanks!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Fuse for bunk lights?

Post by skater »

In mine, there's a switch on the end of the cabinets (driver's side, above the couch) that lets you turn off those lights without climbing into the bunk. Check that.

But I don't think they're on a separate fuse.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Jersey747
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Post by Jersey747 »

They are not on a separate fuse from other ceiling lights, however they may be wired into a different circuit..... eg ceiling fan.... check out all of your house circuit breakers under couch
Abie Sea
Weekend Camper

Post by Abie Sea »

If you find the answer, Let me know. My B190 is an 89 and I have non working bunk lights as well. The previous owner wired a reading light over the couch behind the drivers seat. I have not been able to trace the wires to that light back to its source. I suspect that the new light might have disconnect connections to the bunk lights. I found some power wires going to the area of the vent but could not see where they are going. I hope that someone with an 89 would tear out all of the lining of the shell and let me see where the wires ran. I suspect a line from the switch along the area of the joint between the shell and the van then up to the drivers side and across the front to the passenger side light. We end up sleeping with our heads to the cabin anyway these days, but I would like to solve the problem of the lights anyway.
fishbiz

Post by fishbiz »

I haven’t figured it out yet so am all ears if you get to the bottom of it. The previous owners of mine didn’t fiddle with any wires, just added a clip light on the top edge of the cabinet above the side door that plugs into the kitchen counter outlet. Kind of awkward, though, so I’d like to get it figured out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk