House battery

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
The Fish
New User

House battery

Post by The Fish »

I'm looking for a brand of battery that is a deep cycle for the house battery in the engine compartment. Last time I bought a battery for it I was told that there aren't any deep cycle batteries that are 5 1/2 in wide, that will fit in the battery tray. So I bought a regular battery instead. I'm thing of replacing it and was wondering what brand other folks have bought that fit the tray?
con5
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1998

Re: House battery

Post by con5 »

What year is yours? Mine is a 1998 with a battery box under the passenger rear of the van. If I ever upgrade to lithium I'm going to stick them behind the couch next to the generator where there is ton of unused space.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

The middle-year B190s have a weird battery size under the hood, but unfortunately I can't remember what it is. Others have had similar problems finding replacements for it. Best thing I can suggest is installing an AGM or lithium (traditional wet-cell will outgas, and shouldn't be install inside) in a battery box under the couch.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
The Fish
New User

Post by The Fish »

Thanks for the info. I presently have two under the coach. I have a 1994 B190 and I have rebuilt and brought it up to the new age. Led lights, better fan, microwave, solar and batteries, inverter, awning, sway bars and new shocks and more. It runs good. But I am still having some electrical problems, probably need a new controller. Not sure if I want to tackle that. Waiting to see my electrician friend to figure that out.
Thanks