Vehicle circuit breaker panel

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

Vehicle circuit breaker panel

Post by Wanderlost »

So, the driver power seat adjustment does not seem to be getting power. I've jiggled the wires with no luck. For the life of me I can't find the circuit breaker panel. My manual (1996) says "the panel can be accessed through the steering column lower opening. Remove the cover using the quick release fasteners" pfffft I saw no lower opening nor fasteners. I've looked everywhere I could think of with no luck.

Break into small groups and discuss.

Thx
B190 1996
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Jay....

I don't remember there being a cover panel to remove, looking at my 1997 if ya just look up under the left hand side of the dash..just to the left of the steering column you will see it up there in a rather inaccessible place...

Its about 5" square....

According to the manual its fuse #16 for the seats and its a 30 amp fuse.

Takes needle-nose pliers to put those fuses in & out...

I'd say if the passenger-side seat is working then your problem won't be the fuse.

That being the case I would check the wires under that seat to see if there is voltage there....if there is voltage then you'll need to determine if the switch is bad or the seat motor itself.

Might luck out and have it be the switch.

Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

Looking further... check the plugs, there are 4 of them

Also....the gray plug with 2 black wire is the power plug, un-snap it and check the side that goes to the floor of the van (right-hand in the second picture below) with a tester for power

Power Plug...

Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

circuit breakers

Post by Wanderlost »

Dave,
Thanks for the photos. My circuit breakers are indeed there. There was a cover on them and they were invisible to me w/o my glasses. I only have a power drivers seat. Circuit breaker was good. Need a new motor. Thanks again for the photos.
Jay
B190 1996
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

Jay....how have you determined that its the motor...?

What about the switch on the seat...?