How to remove the couch in a late model B190 to rewire

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
DonN

How to remove the couch in a late model B190 to rewire

Post by DonN »

The couch on my 1999 does not lift up. It is bolted down. To get to the electric underneath, evidently one needs to unbolt it from its supports. Each support has three bolts--two into the couch frame from underneath and one into the frame from the side. The side bolts are more or less accessible from inside the living area but the bolts from underneath need to be reached from the space underneath the couch by working through the table storage compartment and the opening for the converter. I want to get into this space to add some additional switches and outlets. I read the helpful posts where additional outlets had been added but evidently earlier models had a couch that could be tilted up whereas mine does not. Any suggestions?
chadseld

Post by chadseld »

On my '93, you need to unbolt the couch to work under there. If you start to unfold the couch (as if setting it up as a bed) and stop 1/2 way there is enough space the get your hand in there and reach the nuts on the anchor bolts. The couch is perched precariously while doing this so be careful and don't smash your fingers.

I'm not sure if this applies to a '99, but maybe it helps.