Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Deep Cycle Battery

Post by Eamonn McG »

Hello All,
Im having a serious hard time finding a deep cycle battery that will fit in the engine compartment where mine is mounted. I've got a 92 b190 and the engine battery as well as the deep cycle for the coach are in the engine compartment. The Deep cycle that is in there now is a ford motorcraft deep cycle with demensions of 5 x 12.5 x 8. the 5" width is the problem here. The smallest i've seen is 6.5 (which seems to be standard) however the battery tray is so tigthly located between hoses and the headlight wiring assembly i've got no room to go for a bigger battery. I called ford and they said they've never heard of that battery, although the person i spoke with didnt seem eager to help. I really dont want to re-wire the battery to the back of the van so i was wondering if anyone else has this model/battery setup and if they'd know where to buy a replacement. Thanks
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Deep Cycle Battery

Post by Planck »

Did you check out the electrical section or do a search for previous discussion? This has been talked about, and someone found a replacement. I have a 93 with the same problem. I opted to put the deep cycle under the couch. Not that hard to do.