Furnace Fan blowing

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
rubyslippers6232
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

Furnace Fan blowing

Post by rubyslippers6232 »

We drove the van up to our cabin this weekend, and when we went out one morning we could hear a fan going. It was coming from the furnace. The thermostat was "Off", so I'm not sure why this was happening. Could be the reason our battery was running down. I took out the fuse to it, so solved the problem that way, but I'm not sure why it was blowing. Any ideas? Thanks!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Furnace Fan blowing

Post by skater »

rubyslippers6232 wrote:We drove the van up to our cabin this weekend, and when we went out one morning we could hear a fan going. It was coming from the furnace. The thermostat was "Off", so I'm not sure why this was happening. Could be the reason our battery was running down. I took out the fuse to it, so solved the problem that way, but I'm not sure why it was blowing. Any ideas? Thanks!
It definitely shouldn't be running if the switch on the thermostat is off. I would suspect that switch is bad. If you have a voltmeter it wouldn't be hard to see if it's triggering the fan even when the switch is set to off.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit