Original fridge, toilet, bathroom parts, up for grabs!

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Original fridge, toilet, bathroom parts, up for grabs!

Post by slapthecat »

I'm in the process of completing the renovation of my beast. I've replaced the fridge and the toilet, and it really seems a shame to just toss them out. Does anyone need either of these?!?!

The toilet never gave me any problems. Just with the scope of the renovation, it seemed silly not to upgrade that as well. Other than being 24 years old, it's fine.

The fridge was iffy. It seemed to work ok for the most part, but on a couple of trips, it didn't seem to keep up that well. In its defense, the last trip saw 90+ temps throughout the day, direct sunlight on the fridge side of the van, and I'd done nothing as far as sealing off the empty space in the compartment or installing a fan. Could be usable for parts at the least, or as a fixer upper.

I've also remodeled the bathroom, not using the original plastics above the shower. The bathtub (that started all of this!) has a small hole in the corner, but could probably be repaired. All are up for grabs!!!

Everything is located in Orlando FL. If you can get here, or have a way to get it from here to there, lemme know!!!
- k
Marko Polo
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Original fridge, toilet, bathroom parts, up for grabs!

Post by Marko Polo »

Heya -

Just a friendly piece of advice - I removed the toilet planning to upgrade a few years ago only to find the height of that toilet (Aqua Magic IV I believe) is rare. Most new unit's I looked at replacing it with were either too tall (cabinets couldn't open) or ridiculously short. Just something to consider before you give it out.

I ended up soaking mine in a bleach bath for a day, cleaning it, and re-installing.
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Re: Original fridge, toilet, bathroom parts, up for grabs!

Post by slapthecat »

Absolutely true. I did realize that just before I ordered the toilet I wanted… which prompted a redesign of the rear closet to accommodate the new toilet! Extensive water damage had destroyed most of it anyway… the fun of a home on wheels!