fan options

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
swansome
New User

fan options

Post by swansome »

This site has been a great asset for us...

We've had three long trips now on our 95 b190 and love it. One minor change we would like to make has to do with fans.

My wife and I sleep on the top bunk and prefer not to use the ac unless it is extremely hot.

However, the exhaust fan is way too loud for our taste. We would like to install a variable speed one that would be much quieter. We would also like to add a small variable speed fan near the front windows (near our feet since we sleep with our heads toward the van center) and perhaps change the direction of the fan in the shower area (we never use the shower) to create a draft - perhaps another variable speed one.

Has anyone done this before? Suggestions for a rookie with electrical issues? Manufacturers? Alternatives?

Thanks in advance...

Mark
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Well, the Fantastic Fan could be controlled with a simple rheostat since ours don't have the rain sensors and all that. Also I wouldn't be surprised if changing the direction of the fan in the bathroom was as simple as reversing two wires on the motor.

Beyond that.. hmm. The only thing that crosses my mind are the small 12 volt fans, usually sold in auto parts stores, that clip on to a dashboard or whatever. Something like that could be modified to work for your purposes. But I don't know how noisy they are.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit