Air Conditioner Capacitor

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
tdashmike
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 0

Re: Air Conditioner Capacitor

Post by tdashmike »

190-b-651 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:03 am
tdashmike your probably right especially if the campground was full with everyone running a.c.
I've got a friend had the same thing happen a year or two ago he carrys a volt meter with him now. I usually do myself but I also picked up one of these plug in meters. It lets me know what my generator is doing also.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
That's a good idea. I actually bought one but haven't installed it yet, should put it in. I won't be going on another major trip until Christmas time so I'll have some time to work on the van some more. There are almost 200 sites including the cabins at the Cape Hatteras KOA, wish I had known how low the voltage was getting.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (442.44 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Post by 190-b-651 »

I just keep it plugged in on the wall by the bathroom makes a good night light lol.
Its kinda bright.
Thats alot of campsite's and some are running two ac's that's alot of juice.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Millennial Falcon »

tdashmike wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:10 am
slapthecat wrote:Oooo! Cool project. Interested in what you find - have been wondering about my ac as well. Take some pics, please!
OK, so I switched out the SPP6 with a SPP7E and it fixed the problem. You can hear the generator bog down but it won't shut it off anymore. The main difference between the 2 is that the SPP7E is able to operate every time the compressor re-starts while the SPP6 needs a few minutes before it connects itself to the circuit again.
I just installed an SPP7E based on reading these posts... my set-up when I opened the panel looked kindof like Mike's, with a large and a small capacitor. The larger capacitor had three terminals ontop. I put the SPP7E in parallel with the LARGER of the two capacitors, one side connected to the terminal with the RED wire... and one side connected to the side with WHITE wires. Works great!!!