Water heater won't

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

Water heater won't

Post by Wanderlost »

Water heater will not light. I am getting electronic spark but no ignition. I did try to light manually but the flame came out in the tube slits about 2 inches back from where it should light. Freaked me out! I did try to blow out the heater line with pressurized air but no luck.
B190 1996
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Need a little more info here to maybe help ya...

What do ya mean.. " I did try to blow out the heater line with pressurized air but no luck "

How long since the water was worked/fired correctly...?

Sounding like a lack of gas pressure problem.

Does the stove light and work with good flame...?

Does your furnace light and work ok...??

Is the probe clean of carbon...that little device electronically allows the gas to flow correctly after start-up

You can easily slip the burner assembly and check the probes for being clean and look for cracks in the white ceramic...check the two red wires.

Put a pen-mark on the right-hand end of the air-mixture slider (at left in this first picture below)...so you get it back in the right place...that can be adjusted while the burner is lit to produce a nice blue flame and to reduce the sound at time

Both probes are visible in the picture...which by-the-way look like they need cleaning due to the glow on their ends !

Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

Water heater won't

Post by Wanderlost »

I used one of those air in a can computer duster. Blew in the electrode area and the slotted tube. Last it worked was prolly Jan. Yep heater and stove work fine. Thanks for the pics I'll check it out tomorrow opps I mean later this morning.
B190 1996
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

The slotted tube is simply an air mixture intake...adjusting that helps produce a clean-burning, and quiet, blue flame, which produces the most heat

There is one small hex-screw, pictured above, and the burner assembly slips right off
Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

Water heater won't

Post by Wanderlost »

Thanks for the info. Took the burner assy out and found a cotton ball spider nest in the tube. Just like the caution in the manual says. Typical of me to bypass the obvious.
B190 1996